Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Day 7--1/2/09

We woke up to a rather cool morning, but it turned into a rather hot day. Our bible study continues to be an amazing discussion that surprises me since they are so young. We continue to talk about the political situation and racism that is so obviously present. While many of the youth say they are not racist, comments that are made make me believe otherwise. It's going to take a long time for groups of people to get along in South Africa. I do have a lot of hope for the nation because of many of the youth that I have met here though.








In the afternoon we played a wonderful game of ultimate frisbee. It was nice and hot and lots of attempts at amazing diving catches. We also had our camp olympics which involved a pantyhose relay, searching through mud to find treasure, mummifying a teammate, putting together an impossible lego robot in the dark, and a water brigade relay. Lots of fun was had by all.




Daniel also taught me how to sokkie which is a dance step that is done at dances. It's fast and I'm quite uncordinated. At one point Daniel said, "You're a jock, aren't you?" Despite my lack of rhythm, Daniel was able to work with me and by the end we looked great. I think there's a video of it floating around somewhere...

No comments:

Post a Comment